RE: [WriteLog] Recording a new message on-the-fly

To: <w2up@mindspring.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Recording a new message on-the-fly
From: "Steve Kline" <skline17@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:43:11 -0500
This has been interesting to me as an outsider.  I have been thinking
about writing a check and buying Writelog. I got on the reflector to get
a feel for some of the issues.  I want to use it, not spend this much
time trying to trouble shoot a new release for the developer.  That is
what beta releases are for and are usually directed to those who want to
play and explore problems before it is released or commercially
available as that can be fun too when your not under pressure to get it
working right before a contest HI.  Have been following this topic for
about a week or so and was wondering when someone would finally say the
magic words.  Why you all would not be sending these emails to the
developer of the software to get a stake in the ground regarding whether
it is really broken or incompatability with certain machines and
interfaces.  Good luck.  I havn't explored TR or CT in this depth yet
but I suppose they all have some stories like this too, to be fair to
all.  In doing a high level take of all three, this program appeared
from the reading material to be a little more robust.  I think I will
continue to follow this saga and wait and see what kind of customer
service support you get from the developer on this specific problem and
use as my final decision criteria (whether to buy or not to buy).

Cheers Steve - W5JK