Re: [WriteLog] MicroHam USB Interface Problem with CW

To: <Georgek5kg@aol.com>, <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MicroHam USB Interface Problem with CW
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:16:11 -0000
George K5KG wrote:

> Now it works like a charm.  Nice sounding CW with no stuttering.   Radio
> control is perfect.  It is great being able to do radio control and  CW
from a
> single USB port, and using the same com port.

George

I just got around to connecting up my Microkeyer but I'm confused.  You say
you're getting nice sounding CW with no stuttering.  Did you have stuttering
without MicroKeyer?  If so, I don't understand why you don't still have it.

So far as I can see, the way the Microkeyer is configured to work with
Writelog, all computer generated keying is done directly by Writelog.  The
Microkeyer just passes it through.  WinKey merely generates code from the
paddle input.

For WinKey to contribute something to the quality of computer generated code
it would need to process an ascii input.  I don't believe it gets that with
WL configured for PC generates CW.

I hope someone can show me to be wrong on this because just now I'm feeling
kinda disappointed!

Bob

Bob Henderson, 5B4AGN, P3F
Giolou, Pafos, Cyprus