Re: [WriteLog] MicroHam USB Interface Problem with CW

To: Writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MicroHam USB Interface Problem with CW
From: n4gi@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 11:36:43 -0400
You are correct, Bob, in that Winkey doesn't process PC generated code.  It
would if it if was used with logging software that accepted paddle inputs,
which WL doesn't.  With WL, it's just working in parallel as a stand alone
keyer.  I've never understood the "paddle input" method of manual keying
anyway, as it seems a bit Rube Goldberg-ish.  Paralleling the PC and keyer
mechanically seems much simpler to me.

FWIW, my Microkeyer did have some stuttering problems at 32+ WPM that I never
originally experienced with LPT keying, but *I think* I fixed it by fiddling
with settings, unplugging a USB card reader, and plugging the microkeyer into a
different USB port on my machine.  I've also found rebooting is a MUST when
changing some settings.

73,
Blake N4GI