[WriteLog] Sound cards

To: <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound cards
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:54:20 -0000
I know this topic has been raised before but just maybe there's some up to
date info.

For some time my RTTY contesting activity has been based upon use of a Hal
DXP 38 and a Hal P38.  These have served me well but I understand there to
be a body of opinion amongst seasoned RTTY men that MMTTY using a sound card
is better, particularly under difficult conditions.  Certainly my limited
tests here show MMTTY to produce solid copy with weaker signals than the Hal
units.

That said, I am now looking at reconfiguring my setup to use 2 x MMTTY with
2 x sound cards instead of the Hal units.  My question concerns sound cards.
There is a plethora of these devices from which to choose.  Has anyone drawn
conclusions on which sound cards perform best with MMTTY?

Bob

Bob Henderson, 5B4AGN, P3F
Giolou, Pafos, Cyprus
Email: bob@cytanet.com.cy