RE:[WriteLog] Problem with XP service pack2?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE:[WriteLog] Problem with XP service pack2?
From: "A.J. Cioffi" <registered@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 23:48:30 -0500
Hey guys,

I have been seeing all these posts on the SP2 issue.  I decided to look at
my system, which has SP2 installed.  It happened to me too.  WL did not
function.   Interestingly enough, MMTTY works fine.  I run the MMTTY shell
in WL and if I clicked on the TX on the MMTTY window, the radio keyed up.
But if I tried the F keys, they did not work.  Another interesting point was
that whatever clicking on the TX button on the MMTTY window does, it seems
to jog WL loose to work again, including the F keys.  Keep in mind that a
commented them out and let the ini file rebuild.  Comms were back with the
band plan too.  SO, it stands to suggest that we really have to look at what
SP2 is doing in relationship to how WL functions.  So far it appears that
most folks are complaining about the com ports and F keys.  Not being a
programmer, I have no clue on where to look first; however, its good
information to whom ever does the WL programming.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Tony - N2KI
SYSOP - N2KI DX CLUSTER
dxc.n2ki.com:7300
RF Gateway 145.650