[WriteLog] Writelog tcpip bug in latest patch

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog tcpip bug in latest patch
From: "Branislav Panak" <brano@panak.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 20:49:56 +0100
Hi,

we had same experience from last cq ww cw at OM8A station. We had 6 pc
networked and we had several dramatic crashes when writelog on all pcs went
down witt '..switch...' message. We had to restart writelog on all pcs one
by one with some delays to allow writelog to sync logs which took abt 15
secs (due to >5k qsos at the end). We had 10.50d with network patch, winxp
(no SP2) and clean network topology inside one room (single switch). I read
some posting on reflector about sked and tcp ip problem and i can confirm
that one at least one crash was at time when scheduled sked came. Hopelly
thi probleb will be solved soon or we have to revert back to ms network
networking.

regards

Brano, OM2KW