Re: [WriteLog] Cabrillo

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Cabrillo
From: "Wayne Wright, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 06:12:49 -0600 (CST)
>I am getting a little annoyed at having to edit the headings on
>Cabrillo-formatted logs produced by WriteLog.  The ARRL always kicks back
>my first submission; I have to reenter the contest line, both to make
>sure it is in the correct location and that it has the contest listed
>correctly; and I also have to remove excess lines that the Cabrillo
>engine rejects.
>
>I assume that other contest promoter that require (or at
>least accept) Cabrillo logs, such as CQ, etc. will give me the same
>problems.

>Specifically, this includes the CLAIMED SCORE line and CREATED BY
>WRITELOG V.**** line.
>
>stuff deleted

1. With respect to the "created by" line, please express your annoyance
to the contest sponsors, not to the writelog list, as its the sponsors
that require this information. I know of no contest that rejects
containing this information. Is there some reason you are concerned about
the possibility someone knows what software you are running?

2. With respect to rejected submissions, the blame is spread a bit. The
sponsors change their Cabrillo requirements over the years and from
contest to contest and the logging software has to keep up. We try to keep
WL up to date with current contests, and, when we fail, this reflector is
generally flooded with emails of annoyance, so there are no secrets here.
But I have not seen a flood in several months.

Wayne, W5XD