[WriteLog] RFI and Writelog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RFI and Writelog
From: "Ronald Stuy" <r.stuy1@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:12:35 -0000
Hello,

Last week I was on a little DX-pedition in Gibraltar.
After 2 days I got RFI problems with my laptop, the CW was not working fine
anymore.
So I tried to use a lot of ferrite coils, but no results at all. I changed
the position of laptop and radio and so on, still no results.

There was only one solution for that moment and it was: changing Writelog
for CTwin.
With CTwin there was no RFI problem at all.
What could be the problem? Is there some hardware component in the laptop
that is used by Writelog and not by CTwin?

The OS on the laptop is Windows XP Professional.
Writelog version 10.50D
DirectIO for LPT-port.
Radio: K2/100

I hope someone has a solution for it otherwise I will be forced to use CTwin
instead of Writelog for my future DX-peditions.

Ronald Stuy, PA3EWP

member:
PI4COM (Contestgroup Oude Maas)
http://www.qsl.net/pi4com