Re: [WriteLog] WL S&P plus Run modes?

To: k4ww@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL S&P plus Run modes?
From: "llindblom@juno.com" <llindblom@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:19:06 GMT
I second Shelby's comments on this!

Also, maybe a Windows version of TR if and when delivered will take care of the
"few."  I say "if" because I seem to remember a Windows version of TR being
initially promised several years ago but the "deal falling through."

73 Larry, W0ETC

-- "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net> wrote:
Eric Hilding very logically wrote: "Before folks scream "leave things the
way they are", I suggest ALL the enhancements we have been discussing should
be left "OFF" in a basic WL installation, and available as options to be
turned "ON" by Advanced CW Operators."

Absolutely!!  I don't do SO2R, and using another F key for the s/p exchange,
isn't any problem for me! It's been kindasorta "habit forming", just as
using another F key to send "QRL", before I transmit.
One of the reasons I purchased WriteLog, other than it does CW/SSB/RTTY,
was not needing to remember if I was in s/p or run mode. The ability, for
those of us that don't need/want this feature, should be an option, not a
requirement. WriteLog is , and should be, written for everyone, not just a
few?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW