Re: [WriteLog] NG1I "WriteLog is Buggy"

To: <RLVZ@aol.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] NG1I "WriteLog is Buggy"
From: "SGT Korey Chandler" <korey.chandler@us.army.mil>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:31:41 -0000
There is no third party driver needed to run CW with Writelog. A serial
cable CW keying interface or, if you want a nicer solution, WinKeyer is
required. I've used both with good success.

All the other log programs require an external keying interface of some
sort.

I thought the included help file was more than adequate to get Writelog
up and running. In fact, I installed the program and had it up and
running rig control and keying CW on my rig in less than thirty minutes.

More specialized settings were researched on a few websites, but all you
need to get up and running is included with the initial installation.

I'm sorry you don't have the time to devote to setting up the program,
but please don't blame the software. Mine was set up while working
18-hour days while on a combat deployment. It took a while to get all
the advanced features such as automatic voice keying working, but that
was just "gravy".

73,

Korey
KA5VCQ (ex. YI9VCQ/HL9VC)