Re: [WriteLog] Intermittent PTT Dropout

To: "Don Cassel" <ve3xd@rogers.com>, "'Mike'" <k4gmh@arrl.net>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Intermittent PTT Dropout
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 13:30:06 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 11:31 AM 1/9/2006, Don Cassel wrote:
>Mine mostly happens when I am running. It usually occurs just after the CQ
>message begins. Interestingly I can sometimes operate for an hour or more
>without it happening then it will occur several times. But there is no
>regular pattern. It can also happen when sending my exchange or replying to
>a caller. I've tried a lot of variations such as using auto cq, lower power,
>different message lengths, different setup configurations and nothing either
>fixes it or lets me reproduce it at will. It seems to have a mind of its
>own.

One other possibility - just a guess - is the autosave feature may be
interrupting things. Try turning autosave off next time. I believe
you have to edit the writelog.ini file to do this.

I notice when you get a large number of Qs in the log autosave can
take a while. This might explain why it only happens after hours of operating.

Bill, W6WRT