Re: [WriteLog] Anyone have problems with XP SP2 and Byterunner PCIserial

To: Barry <w2up@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Anyone have problems with XP SP2 and Byterunner PCIserial boards?
From: Steve AI9T <steve@ai9t.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 12:37:08 -0400
Using a couple byterunner cards with out any problems here. Not sure of
the specific part numbers but one is a 2 serial and 1 parallel the other
is 2 serial ports. Running XP SP2 PRO. Used these same cards in another
PC running XP Home before I upgraded PC's.

Make sure up get the latest drivers

GL

Steve AI9T

http://www.ai9t.com

QSL via LOTW a

Barry wrote:
> Hi all,
> When XP SP2 came out I upgraded and had lots of unexplained crashes.  On
> advice of Microsoft, I reverted back to SP1.  Now that MS will be
> terminating support for SP1 in the near future, I'm thinking about
> trying SP2 again.
>
> I believe my problem was some incompatibility with my Byterunner PCI-400
> 4 port serial board and its drivers.  I wonder if anyone else with the
> Byterunner card had trouble with SP2, and if so, were you able to do
> anything (update drivers?) to fix it?  I'd also like to hear from you if
> you had no problems, so maybe I can rule out the Byterunner card as the
> source of trouble.
> Tnx,
> Barry

nd EQsL