Re: [WriteLog] Need CW Interface Windows XP COMENTS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Need CW Interface Windows XP COMENTS
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 02:14:32 -0000
From: "Richard Cariello" <rcariello@si.rr.com>
To: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>; "Mikael Larsmark"
<mike@sm3wmv.com>; <writelog@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 9:47 PM

> Thanks to everyone that  replied.
>
> May be it's me but I just don't understand.
>
> I did contesting logging in CW, SSB and RTTY with full
> internet and rig
> control with an old 486-66mhz computer. Now to do the
> samething  I need a
> 500Mhz to 1.6G computer and a $200 plus interface.
It doesn't have to be a big deal.

Go to EBay and buy a new Belkin F5U103 USB to Serial
converter for $10. This will take care of rig control and cw
keying.

If you want to do rtty with afsk, you just need a few
resistors and an isolation transformer. If you want to do
rtty with FSK, then buy another Belkin F5U103 for FSK.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ