[WriteLog] Dunestar, WL, Top Ten, Direct I-O, OMG!

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Dunestar, WL, Top Ten, Direct I-O, OMG!
From: Al Zelna <mr.mri@epix.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 06:31:57 -0400
I would like to get a Dunestar 600 in place and use it with WL for my
TS440s.  I am interested in a Top Ten Band Decoder for their price and
already downloaded the shareware software from direct-io.

This seems like a very complicated situation... needing the band
decoder, needing shareware, needing the LPT port in addition to the
Serial data, needing to get a cable for the Dunestar!!!

Is there an easier... and might I ask... cheaper alternative?  You know,
I really don't care if I have to turn a knob on the decoder when I
change bands or change antennas.  It's not that big of a deal to me.

Al, N3KAE