Re: [WriteLog] Dunestar, WL, Top Ten, Direct I-O, OMG!

To: Al Zelna <mr.mri@epix.net>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Dunestar, WL, Top Ten, Direct I-O, OMG!
From: Andrei Nevis <v49a@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 19:16:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Al,
  I want to get rotary switch as well. Where did you find it from Dunestar?
  I have six mono band filters from I.C.E. They work pretty good but to change
them manually is time consuming "operation", and I decided to buy Model 419B -
Combination Bandpass Filter.
  I spoke to I.C.E. and Array Sol.. They all say that they do not have metal
for the cases/cabinets to manufacture the BEST -
Combination Bandpass Filter . Model 419B. This is inexpensive and good working
six bands filters in one box. They (virtually) have them for sale on the Web
Page, but when you go to buy it, now they do not have this product till maybe
January, 2007, or never.
  They have PLENTY of single band filters, but they do not have metal for 419B
Combination Bandpass filter, it does not make sense. I do not beleive it, sorry.
  They are behind of 600 orders for 419B filters. They should REMOVE this item
from the catalog.. It is still there..
  Instead, they offer now those Band Decoders with all accessories. You must
pay more for all that. Market... Or, you buy six single bands filters, plus 12
jumpers, plus Band Decoder, etc, etc.. Looks ugly.
  But anyway, where can I buy that Rotary switch? What is this? What is the
item number from Dunestar?
  Thank you
  73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D
Al Zelna <mr.mri@epix.net> wrote:
  Thanks for all the interesting replies. I decided to go with a rotary
switch available from Dunestar. The concept of a Band Decoder is grand,
however unneeded... at least for this point in time.

Al, N3KAE

Oh and by the way, I am not growing the shack for SO, rather MM efforts.

Steve GW4BLE wrote:
> The Top Ten decoder is HIGHLY recommended, excellent piece of kit and
> support from N3RD and Co is First Class.
>
> Go for it!
>
> 73
>
> Steve
> GW4BLE