Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and CW

To: writelog@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and CW
From: Ed <k4sb@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 18:32:37 +0000
"Mike McCarthy, W1NR" wrote:
A PII 350 may not run XP.  It may also have no or problematic USB
hardware.

Why do you think an upgrade is needed?

A PIII 350 will run XP. Although it's like running a marathon with
both feet tied together.

In this case, I would go with the computer upgrade, mostly because
of the points Mike spoke of, but also because 98 SE will not support
more than 512 MB of memory, along with 98' total inability to
release memory. XP will take 2 Megs and believe me, that makes a
difference.

I suggest a possible solution may be to use the XP upgrade, rather
than the Pro version.

Gigabyte makes a motherboard which has 2 built in serial ports, LPT,
internet interface, USB ports, AGP slot, and most importantly,
5 additional PCI slots.

73
Ed