Re: [WriteLog] writelog installation sub directories

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] writelog installation sub directories
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:14:12 -0600
> Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:54:32 -0500
> From: "ve2lx" <ve2lx@sympatico.ca>
> Subject: [WriteLog] writelog installation sub directories
> To: "witelog group" <writelog@contesting.com>
>
> It is impossible to have a proper answer from writelog, Don
> and the person who wrote the software....(almost never
> available) Don the representative dought that the Writelog
> software do not let us to choice where to install certain sub
> directories.
>
> I sent to him a copy of my writelog ini file showing that the
> (audio recording and contest sub directories) was installed
> in my documents directories.....?.
> I tried to change that and it unstabilised WL so I had to let
> it as it was.
> Here is where it was installed and I could'nt do nothing to
> change that.
> <<<   Location=C:\Documents and Settings\gilles\My
> documents\WriteLog\AudioRecording\   >>>
> <<<   DataFiles=C:\Documents and Settings\gilles\My
> documents\WriteLog\contest\   >>>
>
> I explaned to Don that this create confusion about what is
> where and to look for some informations but he did'nt care
> after 4 month.
>
> Is this happended also to someone about the way WL installed
> sub directories in his document directories or in a very
> abnormal directories...?

Gilles,

My recent reinstallation does in fact save the files in the My
Documents/Contest directory, and just like 10.61E, 10.62H doesn't seem to
change when you edit the .ini file to point the default directory to another
location.  However, I didn't see the destabilization you're referring to.  I
edited my .ini file to change it to C:\Contest, but it still defaults to the
My Documents directory and the program continues to run normally.

Apparently this switch in the .ini file doesn't quite work like its supposed
to, but I don't see it as a big issue in need of changing.  I guess for the
time being, you'll either have to adjust to where its storing the files, or
browse to a different directory each time you go to save the .wl file prior
to a contest.

Charlie
KI5XP