[WriteLog] Win XP

To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Win XP
From: "Bill Parry" <BPARRY@RGV.RR.COM>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:37:56 -0500
One of these days I am going to have to retire my current Win 98 radio
computer for logging and contesting and begin using either my current WinXP
or a newer Vista computer. I have resisted changing because the Win 98
computer will send CW on the LPT port of the old 98 machine. I have a
FT1000MP that interfaces nicely with Writelog and DXBase, my logging
program. I am not interested in working RTTY, etc. My current XP machine has
both LPT and serial ports.

So what are my options when I change? It seems like, from what I read, I am
going to have to buy a MicroHam Keyer for $175. This is not very palatable
to me, but if I must...  Are there other options less expensive and
complicated?

Bill, W5VX