Re: [WriteLog] Radio interface on one comport?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Radio interface on one comport?
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 11:15:06 -0500
> Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 09:20:02 +0200
> From: Tom <ok2bxt@gmail.com>
> Subject: [WriteLog] Radio interface on one comport?
> To: writelog@contesting.com
>
> Hello,
>
> I have self made isolated interface with max232 and it is supply from
> TRX. All data lines are used from one comport.
> TX RX - Rig communication.
> RTS - Ptt
> DTR - Cw keying
>
> With Logger32 it works  fine, there is option in digital terminal to
> force share ptt on rig comport. Unfortunatelly I am not able setup it
> in Writelog.  I use ft897 and MMTTY, finally I solved it that I did
> not use rig connection and I was changing band manually, ptt on
> comport was then ok - but pretty uncomfortable. Using another comport
> is difficult for me, I have notebook with no comports , so I have
> usb-rs232 converter,(rest usb ports are used too). Anyway, when I set
> FT897 rig in port configuration, radio is keyed immediatelly after
> "ok/apply" button. Probably, RTS and DTR is used for Cat converter :(
>
> Does anybody know how use one comport for rig communication , ptt and
> cw keying in Writelog??
>
> Thanks,
> 73! Tomas ok4bx

Tomas,

I don't believe that Writelog will support PTT/FSK on the same port as Rig
control. At the time I attempted it, I was using a Rigblaster Pro, which
requires 2 ports from your computer.  You have a choice how you want to
arrange the internal use of those ports, and I ended up isolating Rig
Control on a port by itself.  This is mainly because of how Writelog asserts
PTT, which is to key RTS on whatever port you select for PTT.  This would
preclude the ability for the program to communicate with the rig separately.
This is the reasoning behind the rig being stuck in a "keyed on" mode.

I think that with Writelog, you may be forced to add a second port, and
maintain PTT/CW on one port and Rig Control on another.

Charlie
KI5XP