[WriteLog] WL and CQWW

To: "Writelog" <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL and CQWW
From: "Tom Moore" <wx4tm@tm-moore.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 13:12:10 -0500
After last year's CQWW, there was some discussion about the order in which
WL list the ZN and QTH in the entry window.  While the rules list RST QTH ZN
must be sent, the WL entry window list the process as RST ZN QTH. So (most)
WL users therefore set up their macros to match this order. The result is
that exchange information received from other WL users is in the same order,
therefore easier and quicker to click-on to add to the appropriate entry
block in the entry window.

The problem was identified by other software users (apparently) who claim
the rules say the report must be sent RST QTH ZN order. Though it was
quickly pointed out that the rules do not specifically require that order,
only that the info must be sent. But many still insisted that the exchange
must be sent in the order listed in the rules.

So where do we stand on this issue?  There's been no change to the CQWW
contest module for WL that I'm aware of (I'm running 10.63H). Do we continue
on as usual or do we figure out how to change the exchange entry order in
WL?  I know it can be done but I'm not sure if doing so would mess up the
multiplier info which is hard coded in the WL CQWW module.

Anybody have an update on this issue?

tks

Tom WX4TM