Re: [WriteLog] Rig interface advice

To: "'Gary Senesac AL9A'" <al9a@mtaonline.net>,"'Writelog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Rig interface advice
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:09:19 -0500
Hi Gary,

Not sure what is meant by the statement you referenced to, but I do have two
Icom 756ProIII's and in the past have owned the original 756Pro and
756ProII. So I know those Icom rigs work just fine with the microHAM Keyer
for full rig control.

The only two contest modes I work are CW and RTTY, and my previous owned
original microKEYER and now the microKEYER SO2R+ have had no problems
talking with the rigs, computer and WriteLog software via the USB port.

For RTTY I use the MMTTY plug-in with WL, again without any interface
issues.

For CW I use WL to talk to the built-in K1EL WinKey as well the paddles via
the mH Keyer.

I will leave it others on this reflector to fill you in on Vista and phone
contesting.

It is good to read that Santa is going to be good to you this Christmas. For
me he came early this year and planted a 70 foot metal tree in the backyard
completely decorated with a triband beam. Now I am hoping he drops a whole
bunch of new Q's in my stocking.

Best of Luck,
Eric - VE3GSI.