Re: [WriteLog] Rig interface advice

To: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>,"Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Rig interface advice
From: "Irwin Darack" <irwindarack@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 07:46:33 -0500
Gary,

I am using a Rig Blaster Plug and Play with USB connections. I have a
separate USB connection from my computer to my Icom 756Pro, although the
Plug and Play has the capability to do Rig control too. Since many laptops
have only two USB connections, and you may need one for a mouse, you can buy
an adapter that plugs into one of the USB connections and give you multiple
ports. If you do a search on Ebay for Icom CIV or CT-17 controls you will
find many USB radio control plugs for Icom Radios.

FYI - my computers are a Dell Desktop and Compaq Laptop, both used for Ham
Radio.

Regards, Irwin