Re: [WriteLog] Rig interface advice

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Rig interface advice
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 22:40:46 -0900
OK, back to the drawing board on the Targus ACP50US docking station!  While
searching the web for a decent price I came upon several less than glowing
reviews by others who have already gone that route.  The consensus was that
this particular docking station is a POS, due primarily to the poor video
performance.  Apparently dragging a window leaves a ghost trail as the
refresh rate is only about 3 frames per second.  The reviewers were
uniformly dissatisfied with this product because of the poor VGA performance
and the lack of service support from Targus.  All were intending to return
the product for refund and recommended against purchase!

I have yet to find another docking station with video hookup that will work
as I want.  One lacks the ability to retain your settings and must be
reconfigured each time you restart the computer - bummer!  What on earth are
these manufacturers thinking of?  So, it looks like I'll have to settle for
a station without the video hook up and use the laptop VGA output to connect
my external monitor.  That would mean two cables to disconnect when going
mobile, the USB to docking station cable and the VGA cable, instead of one.
I can live with it I guess.

Gary AL9A