[WriteLog] RU, FT2000, FSK and Moni

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] RU, FT2000, FSK and Moni
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 00:40:33 +0000
Any FT2000 writelog rtty user,

I am trying to set up my new FT2000 for the RU. I am using FSK keying with
writelog, mtty plug-in, and RTTY mode. By listening on my other receiver
and by making several contacts I think FSK is working ok.

But when I turn on Moni, I do not get any sidetone for my transmitted fsk
tones???? I have played with this for several days to no avail. At one
point several days ago, I realized I was hearing sidetones on transmit. But
today I can not get it to work.

I can get a cw sidetone on CW mode, and do get my voice sidetone on SSB but
nothing on RTTY. I don't have the Packet port set up yet to try for a
sidetone using AFSK so don't know what that might do.

Is there some hidden menu item I need to enable or what?

Jerry, W6IHG