Re: [WriteLog] Writelog - MTTY in FSK Mode for RTTY

To: "'Irwin Darack'" <irwindarack@comcast.net>,"'Writelog'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog - MTTY in FSK Mode for RTTY
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:43:49 -0600
I'm not sure if I answered this E-mail or not previously, but here's the scoop.

WriteLog uses the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog in order to use the MMTTY engine.
The MMTTY plug-in is downloaded from the 3rd Party
Downloads page of writelog.com.

Full instructions on how to install and use the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog are
located here:

http://www.rttycontesting.com/tutorials/tutorials.htm

WriteLog does not use EXTFSK.  Instead it uses a couple of features that work
in the same manner as EXTFSK.  One is "software
generated FSK" and the other is the ability to use "software generated FSK" on
either the TxD or DTR pin of the serial connection
from the computer regardless of whether it comes from a legacy COM port or
USB-to-serial adapter.  Information on software generated
FSK is also available on the same webpage as above.

Hope this helps.  If not, drop me a line directly and I'll assist in any way I
can.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com