Re: [WriteLog] SO2R with Writelog

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@microham-usa.com>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SO2R with Writelog
From: "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:01:59 +0000
Hi Joe.

I think you are right that this is a Writelog timing issue with the MK2R+.

Here is another interesting fact that I just discovered.

If I am CQing on radio one and wait until the pause before hitting F4
on the second radio, it works.

If I am CQing on radio one and hit F4 on the second radio before the
CQ has completed, it fails.

Also, dueling CQs basically works. But if you enter a call and hit
the INSERT key to send the exchange before the other radio has
stopped CQing, the exchange is sent to the wrong radio. If you wait
until the pause after the other radio's CQ, then the exchange is sent
to the correct radio.

I suspect I will have to use PC Generates for my CW sending this
coming weekend in the ARRL DX CW. But I am not making much progress
figuring out why I now have choppy CW since a couple of months ago.

Thanks to everyone who has been trying to help me with this.

Richard - K5NA