Re: [WriteLog] Band map

To: <W7OM@aol.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Band map
From: "Gerald Wilson" <gtwilson@integrity.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:42:37 -0000
Hi Rod  W7OM,

I cannot say with certainty what is happening in your particular situation.

I do have a suspicion though as WriteLog protects us from transmitting
out-of-band in cases where there is a DX-cluster posting which would require
us to transmit out of band.  An example recently was in the ARRL DX phone
contest where I noted that some folks made postings to the DX-cluster
without posting the split (QSX) frequency for 40 m. DX postings.  When the
split frequency is not posted, I believe it is (would have to be) considered
a simplex posting.   When I as a US entry click on a posting that is outside
my band privileges, WriteLog shows me a red-box around the call in the
band-map.

We in the lower 48 would be hard-pressed to be legal while transmitting on
40 meters below 7.100 MHz ... or below 7.125 MHz for that matter.

I don't know if this situation covers your particular experience--I hope
this helps.   I know that WriteLog has protected me from my enthusiasm on
more than one occasion.  Now if some of those guys who make the incomplete
or inaccurate posts, could do some QA/QC.  :-))

73,

   Jerry    K7VIT
    Single-Op-Assisted, Low Pwr, All Band