Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and ICOM CT-17 level converter

To: "'Dick McQuillan'" <va7dm@shaw.ca>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and ICOM CT-17 level converter
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:02:05 -0400
Hi Dick,

If you have not discovered by now, with WriteLog and Icom rigs you can not
use auto anything.

- In the radio menu, select a baud rate and use the default address for that
rig. Hint, use 9600 baud to start, experiment with higher speeds later.

- In the WriteLog Port Set-up menu, select the correct serial port, match
the rig baud rate and choose the correct radio. Be sure to have Poll =
Checked and Comm PTT = No

- If you don't see the rig frequency on the button beside the Entry window
in WL, click on it, from the log QSO dropdown menu, select the correct port.

73 Eric - VE3GSI