Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Rigblaster+

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Rigblaster+
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 11:10:33 -0500
> Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 22:56:35 -0500
> From: Wayne <aa5jj@suddenlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Rigblaster+
> To: Writelog reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
>
> OK I think I have made progress now when I use the F keys to try and
> send reports such as 5nn or qth or CQ CQ CQ FD they do nothing but I can
> hit ALT K and send from the key board ?

So Wayne, the problem is that it doesn't key the PTT when sending the
messages, but does when you use the Alt-K?  Are you using Rig control or
manually entering the frequency/mode?  Writelog knows what to do based upon
that.  IE: SSB messages are played if the program knows you're in SSB, RTTY
messages are sent if it knows you're in RTTY and CW messages are sent if it
knows you're in CW.  Since it defaults to CW, and if it doesn't know you're
in RTTY, then you may not have CW PTT set, and thus WL wont exert PTT,
assuming your Break-In is doing the keying of the rig for you.  Since RTTY
doesn't use Break-In, WL will have to know its in RTTY mode, which is either
manually set each time you change bands/modes, or it tracks Rig Control.

This fixed Marc's VE3TES's question last night.

Charlie
KI5XP