Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Rigblaster+

To: <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Rigblaster+
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:33:50 -0800
Or, it could be something much simpler...

I use a Microsoft Natural keyboard connected to my laptop.  It has a key
named 'FLock' between the F12 key and the PrtScn key.  This key toggles the
all F keys off and replaces their functions with actions that are used with
a web browser or email program, i.e., F2=Undo, F3=Redo, F4=New, F5=Open,
etc.  On a couple of occasions I have accidently fat fingered this key when
trying to hit F12.  The result is all the F key functions in WL suddenly
cease working and I go into cardiac arrest in the middle of a contest trying
to figure out why WL has suddenly died on me and will no longer send F key
messages!

The way I finally figured out what was going on was I found that the F keys
would work in WL from the laptop keyboard, but not from the Microsoft
keyboard.  A quick scan of the keys soon revealed the culprit.  It would be
nice if you problem were this easy to correct.

73,
Gary AL9A