Re: [WriteLog] IC-7000 DTR /RTS PTT still not working right

To: "'Dan Karg'" <dkarg@ekarg.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] IC-7000 DTR /RTS PTT still not working right
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 21:53:19 -0400
Hector,

Dan is correct ... I missed the fact that the XGGCOMMS interface
used serial port power from the DTR line.  Use Dan's suggested
additions to the [RIGS] section of WRITELOG.INI (simply add the
[RIGS] heading/section if it does not already exist).

> That was the only combination I could find that would get
> close to what you need. Again you will not have PTT available
> for voice keying.

Since you are using an IC-7000 which supports PTT switching via
the CI-V interface, you can use it for PTT.  Simply, set "Comm
PTT" for your radio port to "YES."  I?m not a fan of software
PTT but in this case because of interface limitations it is
your only choice.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV