Re: [RTTY] Writelog, MMTTY and Byterunner problems

To: <WG0M@aol.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>, <MMTTY@yahoogroups.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Writelog, MMTTY and Byterunner problems
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:06:09 -0500
Mike,

This is certainly turning into a real stubborn problem to solve. Newer
Byterunner drivers are something to try but here's another idea that might be
worth the effort, even though you were not running this configuration
previously (when it worked okay).

The EXTFSK utility I talked about offloads the FSK baudot timing from a serial
port onto the soundcard. As I stated before, this driver is needed by MMTTY
when using newer operating systems due to the change in OS architecture. You
could try EXTFSK with Win98 and see if it makes any difference. Maybe others on
the reflector can comment whether they have had any success using that
combination together.

I'm cross posting this message to the RTTY@contesting.com reflector as this is
another resource of fellows with a lot of experience.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN