Re: [WriteLog] FT-990 Rig Control

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FT-990 Rig Control
From: Arthur Bard <arthur.bard@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:15:23 +0000 (GMT)
Thanks Joe, so how do I get WriteLog to step in 10Hz steps ?

The FT-990 in default is stepping in 10Hz steps unless I keep my finger on the
FAST button then it steps in 100Hz steps.

Regards Arthur G1XKZ

________________________________

The question is how Writelog does the mousewheel tuning vs.
any other program.  The FT-990 command set has only one
"step operating frequency" option (Up or Down).  The step
size is set by the "fast" switch (10 Hz for slow, 100 Hz
for fast).

If WriteLog is using the "Step operating frequency" command
those steps will be fixed based on the "Fast" switch.  On
the other hand, DXLab does its mousewheel tuning by sending
a specific new frequency (tune to F(new) where F(new) =
Step + F(old)).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV