Re: [WriteLog] FT-990 Rig Control

To: "'Arthur Bard'" <arthur.bard@btinternet.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FT-990 Rig Control
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:36:24 -0400
The issue is in your FT-990 not in Writelog.

I've checked and Writelog is sending "00 00 00 01 8Eh"
or "00 00 00 00 8Eh" for scroll down or scroll up.  Those
are the correct commands to for up/down one step (Step Op
Freq - page 41, FT-990 manual).  The step size is set in
the FT-990 hardware - see "Fast" switch (Page 16) and mode
(Page 25).

Since I don't have an FT-990 I can't tell you where to
start looking but given the commands that Writelog is
using there is nothing that can be done in the software
to change the step size.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV