Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 84, Issue 20

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 84, Issue 20
From: "James M. Galm, W8WTS" <jim@w8wts.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:23:47 -0500

Message: 7
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:37:32 -0700
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Digital mode differentiation in logs?
To: jim@w8wts.com
Cc: writelog@contesting.com

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 11:05 PM,  <jim@w8wts.com> wrote:

> An increasing number of digital contests consider different digital
formats to be separate modes for scoring purposes. ?Similarly, LoTW
recognizes PSK31, PSK64, Olivia, MFSK16, etc., as different modes.

> WriteLog appears to lump all digital modes together as RTTY in ADIF and
Cabrillo files, as well as in the internal log. ?This is clearly not
desirable.

> Does anyone have a work-around to that causes WriteLog to save the actual
digital mode identifier and export the actual identifier in output files?
?If not, this might be a useful addition to the WriteLog development list.

WriteLog *should* get better about this.  You can export your log to
ADIF then edit the MODE field to match one of the modes found here:

    http://www.adif.org/adif224.htm#Mode%20Enumeration

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us

Thanks, Jim and Tom.  That certainly works if a large batch of QSOs are all
made with the same mode.  I recently did an operation where the mode was
constantly changing, thus fixing the ADIF later is not workable.  MixW
captures the mode accurately; it would be great if WL did the same in some
future release.

73,

Jim, W8WTS.