Re: [WriteLog] Problem with installing Write Log Ver 10.55 D onWindow7 m

To: "'Barry Merrill'" <barry@mxg.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem with installing Write Log Ver 10.55 D onWindow7 machine
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:44:48 -0500
> The Microham USB Router does not work on Win 7, but the
> vendor confirms they are testing a new release to be
> available at the end of January that will Support Win 7.

The current version of microHAM Router will often run if
it is installed without any USB devices connected to the
computer followed by connecting the devices one at a time.
Unfortunately, Microsoft made changed between the beta/RC
versions of Windows 7/64 and the public release that has
necessitated changes in some of the components used in
Router and those components have only recently become
available.

"Router 8.x.x" is on target for release late January or
early February.

> P.S. I also installed the (new, free) Windows XP Mode
>      (not available in the Home editions of Win 7)
>      because I have an ancient 16-bit DataFlex application
>      that must run, and it does work fine in that Windows
>      Virtual PC, but the Microham USB Router did not work
>      in that XP Mode box.

Because it loads system level drivers, microHAM Router will
not function in a virtual machine under Windows 7 (e.g. "XP
mode").

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV