Re: [WriteLog] Problem with installing Write Log Ver 10.55 D on Window7

To: "'Sewell, Terry A'" <terry.a.sewell@boeing.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem with installing Write Log Ver 10.55 D on Window7 machine
From: "Barry Merrill" <barry@mxg.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 04:10:00 -0600
I used LapLink PC Mover to move 10.69D from XP to
Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit on 64-bit hardware and thus
far it works by itself with no problem.

The Microham USB Router does not work on Win 7, but the
vendor confirms they are testing a new release to be
available at the end of January that will Support Win 7.

I did have some initial problems trying to copy a file
to the C: drive using a Command Box; even though I had
disabled UAC and am an Adminstrator Account, I found
you must make the Command Box "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR"
to do anything.

73

Merrilly Christmas

Barry, W5GN

Herbert W. Barry Merrill, PhD
President-Programmer
Merrill Consultants
MXG Software
10717 Cromwell Drive
Dallas TX 75229
214 351 1966 tel
214 350 3695 fax
www.mxg.com

P.S. I also installed the (new, free) Windows XP Mode
     (not available in the Home editions of Win 7)
     because I have an ancient 16-bit DataFlex application
     that must run, and it does work fine in that Windows
     Virtual PC, but the Microham USB Router did not work
     in that XP Mode box.
.