Re: [WriteLog] Audo recording problem

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Audo recording problem
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 19:39:31 -0900
Thanks to all who have posted to the reflector.  The good news is I've now
got it working!  I have multiple sounds cards setup in Vista on my Dell
laptop, but they all seemed to be setup as before and none of them were
muted off, as has happened before.  I won't go to into the lengthy
discussion of what finally led me to the solution, but in this instance, the
answer is in the WL Help manual.

In the section titled "How WriteLog sets up sound board mixers" I found the
following:

"The level meters only work while WriteLog is running, and only if it has
been set up to run the Sound Board DVK, or has Enable Recording Loop setup
in Tools Sound Board Options. The Mic level meter is active while recording
SSB messages using SHIFT+Fn in SSB modes, and otherwise the receive level
meters are active."

The key part of this for me was "...or has Enable Recording Loop setup in
Tools Sound Board Options."  I went to Tools/Sound Board Options and found
the Enable Recording Loop box was unchecked!  I don't know why this was
unchecked - I know I didn't do it!  I checked this box and as soon as I
exited out of the window the WL Sound Board mixer suddenly woke up and
stated showing audio levels on the meter.  Arrgh, three days of fooling
around solved by checking a selection box!

73,
Gary AL9A