Re: [WriteLog] CTY-2006 Country Files - 04 October 2010

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CTY-2006 Country Files - 04 October 2010
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:45:07 +0000
Gang,

I just updated to Writelog 10.80 on both a Win7 64 bit machine and my
regular contest machine running Win XP Pro.

Using the new download button on the conversion program I guess I got a
download but the dialog box never returned until I got tired waiting and
started mouseing around which finally gave another dialog box that said
the file had been downloaded. This happened on both machines! The
conversion worked fine.

On the Win XP machine I find the wl_cty.dat file in the hidden
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
Writelog\ directory. All the other dat files built by the conversion
program reside there also.

On Win 7 64 bit, the wl_cty.dat file ends up in the hidden folder
c:\Program Data\Writelog\ and again all the other dat files are there.

So for Win7 we end up with the writelog.ini file in one location, the
other data files in another location and the program files yet somewhere
else. Quite a learning curve. Well, at least I see that I still can copy
the wl_cty into the c:\Program Data\Writelog\ directory after
downloading it manually from the web site.

Jerry, W6IHG