Re: [WriteLog] CTY-2009 Country Files - 25 October 2010

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CTY-2009 Country Files - 25 October 2010
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:01:03 -0800
Jim,

Tnx for the new release - this one is working properly.

On a side note for Wayne, the Convert CTY utility still doesn't work
correctly on my Vista OS.  The "Download wl_cty.dat" button works as
advertised and puts the new wl_cty.dat file in C:\Program Data.  However,
the "Convert wl_cty.dat button" doesn't work as advertised.  After pressing
it and seeing the information scroll by in the ReadCTY V10 window there is
no wl_cty.bin file in C:\Program Data and WriteLog displays the old file
info when I enter VERSION.  To make it update correctly I must first copy
the latest wl_cty.dat file to the Virtual Store path WriteLog\Programs.
Then when I run Convert CTY again I must use the "Convert alternative prefix
database..." button to point to the Virtual Store location.  After running
this way WriteLog shows the correct VERSION info.  I am still unable to find
where the wl_cty.bin file is being placed.

73,
Gary AL9A