Re: [WriteLog] CTY-2009 Country Files - 25 October 2010

To: "'Gary AL9A'" <al9a@mtaonline.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CTY-2009 Country Files - 25 October 2010
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 18:28:38 +0100
Gary and the group,

Well, since Jim corrected the minor bug, I decided to try downloading and
converting the wl_cty.dat file today on my Win7 (32bit) machine.

After downloading the file, I correctly found the file in the C:\program
data\Writelog folder, which is what I expected.
I checked the date code, and it showed correctly, as per the version notes.

I then did the Convert part, which seemed to work OK - again as expected.

Next, I fired up WL, and typed in VERSION in the callsign area, and it came
up with BVI, which is what it should be.

However, like Gary, I cannot find wl_cty.bin anywhere.

Now, I am still getting to grips with what Win7 does with some files, and I
am sure there is part of the Search function that I have not set correctly
(or fully) yet, so maybe that is why I can't find the BIN file.
But, it isn't in any of the obvious places, so I wonder if it might be in
one of those folders you can't open.

The upshot is that the process does appear to work correctly under Win7
32bit.

I'll have to get the book out and see what I need to do to correctly use the
search function!

73 all

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 101026-1, 26/10/2010
Tested on: 26/10/2010 18:28:38