Re: [WriteLog] PTT Drops in RTTY/MMTTY

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] PTT Drops in RTTY/MMTTY
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:08:22 -0500
> On 11/9/2010 5:18 PM, Bill Gillenwater wrote:

> I have seen posts regarding PTT drops during sending of messages.
> Right in the middle of a message the PTT will drop but the message
> finishes in the RTTY send/receive dialogue box. Has someone figured how
> to eliminate the drops. Do I have the PTT set incorrectly? I am using
> COM PTT in the Config section of Writelog. I read a post that said there
> is a PTT setting in MTTY??

COM PTT is a very bad idea in general.  However, if you are using the
MMTTY plug-in it generates its own PTT on the RTS and DTR lines of the
FSK port.  If you are using the Plug-in add a second transistor driver
on either the RTS (preferred) or DTR line (see the excellent info by
AA5AU here: http://www.rttycontesting.com/tutorials/tutorials.htm
and here: http://www.aa5au.com/rtty.html)

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV