Re: [WriteLog] Problem with DLDX RTTY module

To: Dick Flanagan <dick@k7vc.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem with DLDX RTTY module
From: Earl <n5zm@adxa.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 19:24:54 -0500
Vince and Dick,

Same problem here, but was able to fix doing the following.

Operating system is XP. YMMV...

After several tries with (done first) and with out the Legacy Installer
Helper I was getting the same errors as you.

Then I ran DL1EFD's .exe program again and when I got to the Setup/Welcome
window I selected 'REMOVE'. After completing the remove process I rebooted
the computer.

Then going to START/PROGRAMS/WRITELOG V10/Legacy Installer Helper. Then
browsed to DL1EFD's Program (WLCM_DL1EFD_080414.exe) and let the Legacy
Installer do it's thing. Then rebooted the computer again and the DL-DX RTTY
Contest was present in the choices for new contests when I opened Writelog
again.

Hope it works for you.

Earl N5ZM..

On 6/29/2011 4:04 PM, Dick Flanagan wrote:
> Legacy Installer Helper returns "Command Failed to Launch" when run both
> normally and as Administrator.
>
> When running the WLCM installer and selecting only the DK-DX RTTY
> module, the installer returns a self-registration error saying
> C:\ProgramData\WriteLog\DLDXRTTY.DLL could not be found.  Looking in the
> specified directory the file does, indeed, exist with a modification
> date of 4-29-2007 and an creation date of a few minutes ago.  The
> results are the same whether I run the installer normally or as
> Administrator.
>
> The SM6SRW modules installed OK.
>
> Dick
>
> --
> Dick Flanagan K7VC
> dick@k7vc.com
>

> On 6/29/2011 10:22 AM, Carsten Steinhöfel wrote:
>> Vince,
>>
>> Have you tried using the Legacy Installer Helper from the Writelog program
>> group to install the module?
>>
>> Dick,
>>
>> Could you try right-clicking on the Legacy Installer Helper and select "Run
>> As Administrator". Does that make any difference? I have tested on a clean
>> Windows 7 with a fresh download of the module and it worked for me. Did the
>> SM6SRW modules install OK for you?
>>
>> 73 Carsten

In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir..

Earl F. Smith - N5ZM

PO Box 20065
White Hall, AR  71612-0065