Re: [WriteLog] Great Circle question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Great Circle question
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 12:19:09 -0800
George,

As Stein indicates these settings are for setting up the Beam Heading
Window, which is selected under Window/Beam Headings.  When Beam Headings is
selected a small window titled "Bearing" opens on the desktop.  You can drag
and drop it where ever it suits you.  Setup/Great Circle opens the window
dialog for entering your longitude and latitude info so WL will properly
calculate your beam heading and whether you want to see distances in miles
or kilometers.  The Layout tab lets you control the order of the listings in
the Bearing window or suppress their display by using negative numbers.  The
one item I had to think about for a minute is Reverse Bearing.  That is the
beam heading the DX station should be using to point to your QTH.

73,
Gary AL9A