Re: [WriteLog] Re-Assigning Keyboard Keys

To: "WriteLog List" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re-Assigning Keyboard Keys
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 13:04:52 -0800
Richard,

No need to remap the numeric +.  Besides, in looking at the Keyboard
shortcuts function I don't think there is a way to remap that key.  It it
used by WL to send a correction to a call if you have edited the call to
change what was originally entered.

You can however use the Enter key itself to both enter a QSO and then send
CQ.  This is very similar to the ESM, Enter Sends Message, function in N1MM.
To do this you need to setup a few lines in your wirtelog.ini file as
follows.

[Configuration]
CqFunctionKey=n
SendCallExchangeKey=n
QrzFunctionKey=n

[Entry]
SmartEnterKey=1

These commands are all case sensitive.  The "n" is the number of the
Function key memory holding that message.  The default is SmartEnterKey=0,
which is Off.  Setting this to "1" turns the function on.

What happens now depends on the location of your cursor in the Entry window.
With the cursor in the empty Call field hitting Enter sends the message in
the CqFunctionKey.  If you activate the auto CQ feature, Alt+T, WL will keep
calling CQ on your timed interval until you hit Esc or type something in the
Call field.

When you type a call in the Call field hit Enter and WL sends the message in
the SendCallExchangeKey location.  While this message is sending hit the
Space bar to jump to the next field to receive his exchange.  When you have
his exchange correct, hit Enter again and WL logs the call and sends the
message in the QrzFunctionKey.  If you are called by a new station repeat
the previous actions - Enter to send his call and your exchange, Space to
jump to the next field, Enter again after his exchange to enter the new QSO
and send your QRZ message.  If no one responds to the QRZ hit Enter again
and the CQ message is sent.

If the station you called wants a repeat after you've Spaced over to the
exchange field you can do one of three things.  Hit the F key to send the
call and exchange again, hit the Insert key to do the same thing, or Space
several more times to get back to the Call field and hit Enter again to send
the exchange over.  Do not hit Enter when in the exchange field or WL will
log the file when you didn't intend.  With a little practice you'll find
this much easier than trying to reprogram another key.

BTW, there is another command for the [Configuration] section related to the
numeric + key.  If you are in CW mode and need to make a correction to the
call CwSendPartialCallCorrections=0 tells WL to send the complete call over
again when the numeric + is hit.  CwSendPartialCallCorrections=1 tells WL to
only send a partial call.

73,
Gary AL9A