Re: [WriteLog] Country file not working

To: <WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Country file not working
From: "K2MK" <k2mk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:46:11 -0400
I just wanted to post another solution to this problem. Jim, AD1C suggested that I remove all .DAT files from the C/Program Files/WriteLog directory. He advised that doing so would cause WriteLog to look for the files and find them in the C/ProgramData/WriteLog directory. He was 100% correct.

Having now done this he believes that successive updates of new country files will automatically be found by WriteLog in the ProgramData directory.

Thanks Jim.

73,
Mike K2MK

I'm using WriteLog version 11.06A and when I download the WL_CTY.DAT file and converted it using the WriteLog utility program the file ended up in the C/ProgramData/WriteLog directory. But when I tested WriteLog by entering the Kosovo call Z60K it came up as an unknown country. I'm running Vista. Any help would be appreciated.

73,
Mike K2MK