[WriteLog] Prefill Files - a warning

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Prefill Files - a warning
From: GW4BLE <steve.gw4ble@btconnect.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 20:57:25 +0000
Firstly, thanks to Gary AL9A for making the prefill ADIF file available for DX
participants in the ARRL Contest, HOWEVER I would advise caution when using
these files -
I've never entered a contest with them before, but I did last weekend in the
ARRL DX.

In the heat of running a reasonably fast *sustained* pileup (say, over the
200/hr rate) it
can be annoying to have the field  prefill, only to find the guy at the other
end has
moved from say, PA to MN !  That few seconds deleting the prefill and typing in
what the
guy actually sent put me out of sync on a number of occasions!

If the rate is 'average', maybe it's not a problem, but really I would say it's
MUCH
better to go it alone and just type in the exchange for yourself. Period.

YMMV

Steve
GW4BLE