Re: [WriteLog] Is anyone using an Icom IC-756 Pro III?

To: "'Bob-WB2COY'" <wb2coy@hvc.rr.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Is anyone using an Icom IC-756 Pro III?
From: "w0ej" <w0ej@goldenwest.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 14:41:26 -0600
Thanks Bob, Bottom line is I checked the items you indicate with no luck, I
have a CI-V so may have to break down and install that but seems to me if
the computer/rig talk now, why would the interface cause problems for
WriteLog.  I do use a third party interface and not the CI-V from Icom.  I
did check the rig settings you noted and they were OK.

Make sure that the CI-V Baud Rate in the RIG matches the Baud Rate in the
ini file (I use 19200).

Make sure that you haven't changed the CI-V address in the RIG (6Eh is the

default)

Set CI-V Transceiver in the Rig to OFF check no problem

Set CI-V with IC-730 in the Rig to OFF check no problem

Not sure why the COM5: setting is in the [RIGS] area twice, but it works, so
I left it alone check mine didn't have it twice so added another line

[PORTS]

CommSlot1=5

CommSlot2=6

CommSlot3=7

CommSlot4=8

dvktype=1

dvkport=4

cwtype=1

cwport=1

dvkstoploop=1

dvkechomic=1

Comm5RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}

Comm5XmitControl=ALWAYS

Comm5Used=USED,POLL,53

CWPTTCONTROL=0

CWPTTDELAY=0

Com1:=9600,n,8,1 check this and mine had it as Com6, yours has Com1 which is
then converted to Com5 per the ComSlot1=5 command. In the rig section,
your's shows Com5, I changed mine to have the same convention as yours but
with my specific port info.

[RIGS]

Com5:19200,n,8,2 check this and mine are 1 Stop bit, not 2..  I changed this
to 2 stop bit with no change.

Icom IC-756PROIII=0x6e

Com5:=19200,n,8,2

73,