Re: [WriteLog] Question on TO2A

To: ed@w0yk.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Question on TO2A
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 16:06:50 -0400
Just a quick note on this cty.dat.

I had a similar problem and based on the instructions, I updated but
realised at some point in the contest that I was still using the old
cty.dat. I eventually did a manual update and it seems to have worked. Not
sure but the instructions may need some updates.

I used the menu option to update. I'm pretty sure this worked before but
for some reason didn't.

Mentioning this experience as an alert to others. I'm using Win 7 64 bit.

Dean - 8P6SH

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com> wrote:

> Update to the latest cty.dat and T02A will be properly recognized.
>
> Ed W0YK

> Dick W0RAA asked:
>
> During the CQ WW SSB this weekend, I worked TO2A.  When I entered
> the contact in the log, Writelog refused to score it or recognize that it
> was
> in French Guiana.  It also showed 0 points for the contact.
>
> Did anybody else have this problem with this call?  My normal logging
> software recognizes it correctly, but Writelog refuses.

*Dean St.Hill*

*Counterpoint Consulting *
*17 Ocean City*
*St.Philip*