Re: [WriteLog] Using a second monitor issue

To: <pcooper@guernsey.net>, "'WriteLog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Using a second monitor issue
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 14:55:18 -0900
Phil,

As you have discovered to populate the Call field with a left click the Rttyrite window must be on the main monitor, not the extended desktop. You have also discovered that a right mouse click allows you to post it to the band map. I was unaware of that option, but have used a similar one.

I have the stack register window open on my main monitor. I have WL setup so that a right click on a call, either on the main monitor or on the second monitor will place the call into the stack. I have also defined two unused keys, '[' and']", with keyboard shortcuts to push a call onto the stack or pop it from the stack. So if the 2Tone clone window on the second monitor does a better job of decoding a call than either the MMTTY window or the 2Tone clone window on the first monitor I right click to put it into the stack then immediately hit the '[' key to pop it from the stack to the Call field. Works very smoothly.

To make this happen you must have the following lines in your writelog.ini file.

[RttyContextMenuEntries]
1=PUSHCALL

This eliminates all the other menu choices that you currently see that allows you to send the call to the Band Map. With this setup you don't need the Band Map as the right click immediately pushes it to the stack. Then the shortcut key pops it from there to the Call field. It's much faster than having to select a choice of action from the menu of options that normally opens with a right click.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Phil Cooper